Release Notes - 27th July 2011
We've been doing some 'behind the scenes' work to make your experience of Insight even better and developed a few new features too. As always, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Improved Session Timeout Behaviour
We know from your feedback that something many of you find frustrating is the session timeout after 20 minutes or so of inactivity, particularly when working in the Web Office.
Session timeouts are important for two reasons: firstly - security is important, and if you've walked away from a computer where you're logged in there's always a chance someone can get at data using your logged-in session. Secondly, unused sessions consume resources on the servers, and to keep things running as efficiently as possible for everyone, we need to ensure that unneeded sessions are cleaned up.
So, what we've tried to do is reduce the likelihood of your session being dropped while you're actually still working. For example, if you're typing an article, or filling in a complicated form, we now recognize that you're active and keep the session alive, so that when you come to submit what you're working on, you should see the login page much less frequently.
We've also cleared up a few of the bugs which meant that when logging in after a session timeout you would sometime lose the top tabs or the group tree.
Main Tabs in the Web Office can now be Bookmarked
We know that for many of you performing repetitive tasks, you're always going to the same place in the Web Office each time you log in and until now, you've always had to go via the Site Manager tab.
Now, when you're on any of the main tabs (Site Manager, Query, Mailing, Resources, Reports, Shop, Settings) you can save the address in your browser bookmarks or favorites and the next time you click the bookmark you'll be taken to the same tab (after having logged in if necessary).
This should save a little bit of time, especially for those of you who are doing a lot of work in the Shop area.
View Shop Order History
You can now see the history of changes made to a shop order - when quantities ordered, shipped or cancelled are changed or when payments are taken.
When viewing an order in the Web Office there's a button at the bottom of the 'Lines' section labelled 'Show History' - press it and see!
Suppress Emails for Shop Orders and Payment Group Registrations
Shop orders and payment group registrations created in the Web Office now have an option to prevent emails being sent. This is particularly useful if the orders or registrations are for internal accounting purposes.
When placing an order for a customer in the Web Office the option appears at the 'Confirm Order' stage of the checkout.
Similarly, for payment group registrations created from within the Web Office, you'll see a checkbox on the final confirmation screen which allow you to suppress emails.
In an earlier release, we introduced a feature where customers could specify that they didn't want pricing information to be displayed on the printed order note. This setting is also now respected in email confirmations.
Notes on Orders Visible to Customers
We've added a new field for admins to be able to make free text notes that customers can see. This text will appear on the printable version of the order and in the customer's online view of their order in 'My Orders'. This enables you to communicate any extra relevant information to the customer.
The field appears both at the confirmation stage of orders placed in the Web Office and in the normal Web Office view of the order so that notes can be added later.
Order History Export
We've added to the list of feed data that you can export, on the Settings tab under the 'APIs' section - you can now create a feed for shop order history data.
Other Features and Bug Fixes
- There's a new task on the user record allowing you to create a registration in any payment group that you select.
- Notes fields added to payment group registrations can now be made global so that they can be queried in the Query Wizard.
- When editing payment group registrations, you can now set the approval date to be a date in the past, and receivables will be dealt with correctly according to your settings.
- When creating a shop order via the task on a user record, the order is now created in the main Web Office frameset, rather than in a pop-up.
- We've always had a read-only view of the user record - for people who have permission to view, but not edit, the user's details. Some of you have found this view to be helpful for copying and pasting details out of the Web Office, so we've now made it available on all editable records via the "Read Only View" task at the bottom of the user record. Those who have permission to edit the details can return to the editable view by pressing the "Edit Details" button.
- In the shop, the batch packing list now shows the user's details and order notes.
- 'Visibility' and 'Publisher' have been added to the list of available columns when querying for shop items.
- When resuming your computer after hibernation, or attempting to log-in after a long period of inactivity, some of you were finding you had to enter your password twice before it was accepted. This is now fixed.
- Shop names containing apostrophes caused errors in dropdown menus and in the Query Wizard - this has been fixed.
- Article lists filtered by tag in emails were only working for a limited time, but not if the email was later re-sent (for example a scheduled mail). This is now fixed, but you will need to edit and re-save the tag list for any which have stopped working.
- The outstanding amount on shop orders was still including the value of cancelled items. We've corrected this.
(Author: Insight Support
Articles in this group
Release Notes - 10/5/11
Release Notes - 10/5/11 (Author: Endis Insight Support)
Patch Release - 7/13/11
New option to stop confirmation emails being sent for PG registrations and shop orders. (Author: Endis Insight Support)
Release Notes - 6/30/11
Some minor updates to the Insight platform, including notification of new forum threads and improved connection request emails. (Author: Endis Insight Support)
Patch Release - 6/23/11
Some small updates to Payment groups in the Insight platform. (Author: Endis Insight Support)
Release Notes - 6/10/11
We've released a couple of great extensions to the new Draft Payment Group Registrations feature. (Author: Endis Insight Support)
Release Notes - 6/2/11
Update to the Insight platform, including draft payment group registrations. (Author: Endis Insight Support)
Release Notes - 5/16/11
The latest round of new features and updates to the Insight platform. (Author: Endis Insight Support)
Release Notes - 3/28/11
More enhancements to the Insight platform including scheduled mailings and new financial reporting tools. (Author: Endis Insight Support)
Release Notes - 2/21/11
The latest Insight updates including batch shop order processing, order cancellation and returns processing and article publish and expiry times. (Author: Endis Insight Support)
Release Notes - 1/31/11
The latest developments to the Insight platform, including Instant Messaging and Dynamic Personalised Mailing. (Author: Endis Insight Support)
Release Notes - 1/11/11
A patch release fixing some issues and adding a new Resource booking iCal feed. (Author: Endis Insight Support)